- To carry out the normal commercial operations of an on-line catalogue or in-store retail business. (These may include answering your product queries, processing your order and delivering or shipping you the product, obtaining payment, and maintaining proper tax and accounting records).
- To send you catalogues, flyers and offers about the products we sell, unless you advise us not to.
- To carry out any other activity which has your consent?
- To comply with legal requirements or so that we can respond to any complaints or claims against us.
When trusted third parties (such as our accountants or a delivery company) are performing a service for us or for you, we may provide them with our information about you only to the extent they need it to perform that service. We will not sell or lease information about you, with these exceptions:
- With your express consent, we may provide information to reputable companies for purposes such as sending you their custom offers. We will obtain assurances from them that they will respect your privacy and that they will remove your from their mailing lists whenever you ask;
- If we reorganize our company, or sell or lease our business, the new entity, owner or operator will assume any rights we have in respect of our information about you. We would obtain reasonable assurances that your privacy would continue to be respected;
- We may create and sell or provide data (i.e. figures on sales of a particular product in a particular month) that is in a form that does not permit you to be identified.
Who has access to personal information collected by VINEXSHOP ?
VINEXSHOP strictly controls access to your personal information to our employees who need this information in order to serve you or to employees who analyze our performance in order to measure and improve VINEXSHOP. Employees are kept up-to date with regard to the privacy and security practices of VINEXSHOP.
VINEXSHOP reserves the right to co-operate with local, provincial and national officials in any investigation requiring either personal information including any personal information provided online through vinexshop.com or reports about lawful and unlawful user activities on the Web site.
If you ask us, we will remove any information about you from our files, unless some legitimate purpose makes its reasonable for us to retain it for some additional time. We will also review our files from time to time with a view to identifying and deleting stale information.
The Information We Collect & How We Use It
General Website Usage
When you visit our Web Site, vinexshop.com collects navigational information during each visitor's use of our Web site. This may include viewing online catalog or email promotion or voting in a survey. In the process of gathering navigational information, non-personally identifiable information (i.e. domain type, browser version, service provider and IP address) may be collected. The navigational information tells VINEXSHOP about the use of our Web site by visitors, including the areas of our site that are most visited or the time of a last visit to a page on our site. It also tells us about the technical efficiencies of our Web site and services (i.e. the time it takes a visitor to connect to our Web site or download pages). The navigational information helps us better understand a visitor's experience at VINEXSHOP and improve upon that experience by recognizing and delivering more of the features, services and products our visitors prefer.
Submitting a Form
When you submit a form on our Web site to send us a comment, make a nomination for one of our community programs or apply for a job you provide information about yourself and, in the case of nomination to one of our community programs, about a third party. Further, in applying for a job via the online application form, you are providing personally-identifiable information about yourself. These forms are sent electronically to VINEXSHOP and disbursed to the applicable internal departments only. The applicable department will use the information provided for the specific purpose for which it was submitted only.
Sending an Email
When you choose to send an email to any of the VINEXSHOP email addresses provided on our Web site, for example to send your enquiry for our products you are sending your email address. In such case, your emails are stored so that we may properly address your questions and concerns and your email address will only be used to answer the email received.
Utilizing Special Programs
When you register for any of our programs, such as Forum, Live Chat or Customer Order Tracking, you are providing information about yourself. This information may include Name, Age, Sex, Date of Birth, Street Address, Email Address and Phone Number. This information may be used to develop market and sell products and services to you and to tailor your experience on our Web site to your interests.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Information
You can access the information you provided to register for our various programs by logging into your account and accessing ‘My Account’. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
takes the following types of security measures: use of technologies and policies such as limited access data-centers, firewall technology, and secure socket layer certificate authentication.
We designed our Web site to accept orders only from Web browsers that accept cookies and permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL is encryption technology that provides security while information is being transmitted over the Internet. While we implement the above security measures on this site, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.